Family Court Self-Help Center
The Family Court Self-Help Center is a free walk-in and call-in service that provides unrepresented people with general legal information in a variety of family law matters (such as divorce, custody, visitation, child support). The center is located in room JM-570 of Moultrie Courthouse, 500 Indiana Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20001.
Know Before You Go! Check How Many Customers in Line at Family Court
We can help...
- Provide you with information about DC family law matters
- Inform you of your legal rights and obligations
- Describe your legal options
- Help you determine which forms are most appropriate for you and how to complete them
- Explain how to navigate the court process, and what to expect in court
- Refer you to other helpful clinics and programs
Hours of Operation
Mondays-Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - No new intakes accepted after 4:30 p.m.
500 Indiana Ave., NW - JM-570
Washington, DC 20001