Central Intake Center
Family Court Central Intake Center (CIC) is the primary location for all filings, questions and requests for information in Family Court cases. The CIC is the single location for filing all new and subsequent pleadings in cases involving divorce, legal separation, annulment, child custody, adoption, paternity, child support, juvenile delinquency, neglect, and proceedings related to the commitment of the mentally ill and with intellectual disabilities. Parties and attorneys seeking to review case files should continue to report to the appropriate branch for access to those files.
Applications for marriage licenses, authorizations to perform marriages and certified copies of marriage applications and licenses continue to be accepted and processed in the Marriage Bureau (Moultrie Courthouse, JM 690).
How do I...
file a new case and/or other pleading(s) and how do I know what form to file?
The Family Court Self Help Center is a free walk-in service that provides general legal information in a variety of family law matters as well as assist in giving direction on completing appropriate filings. Filings are only accepted at the Central Intake Center in suite 540 on the JM level of the Moultrie Courthouse. All fees are due at time of filing.
file an emergency motion?
It is recommended that emergency filings are filed with the Central Intake Center between 8:30-4:00 p.m. to ensure that a judicial officer is available to hear the case.
make child support payments?
Payments should be mailed to the DC Child Support Clearinghouse, PO Box 37715 Washington, DC. 20013-7715. Payments must include: Full name, case number and social security number.
Filing Fees and Payment Options
- $80.00 for Legal Separation, Divorce, Annulment, Child Custody, Petition for Paternity and Child Support (Private), Writ Habeas Corpus, Mentally Ill (Private), Intellectually Disabled(Private), Foreign Judgment and Adoption (Private).
- $5.00 for Certified True Copy
- $20.00 for Writ Facias
- $20.00 for Triple Seal Certification
- $100.00 for Notice of Appeal
- $80.00 for Intervening Action
- $20.00 for Counter Claim for Divorce or Custody
- $20.00 for Motion
- $35.00 for Motion to Reinstate
- $10.00 for Alias Summons/Writ
- $20.00 for Writ of Attachment
- $10.00 for Habeas Corpus Writ
- $10.00 for Writ of Ne Exeat
- $1.00 for Oaths/Affidavits
- $0.50 for copying (per page)
- $10.00 for Foreign Subpoena
Major credit cards, cash, or money orders (payable to: The Clerk of the Court) are acceptable methods of payment. No personal checks will be accepted from the general public.