Steps The DC Courts Have Taken to Keep You Safe
ONLINE HEALTH SCREENING REMINDER
HOW WE'RE KEEPING YOU SAFE
The safety and security of all who work for and at the DC Courts, and all court visitors, is our top priority. The below information describes what we've done since March 2020 to keep our buildings and you as safe as possible. See the current status of our operations.
- Established enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all court buildings.
- Required everyone in the court buildings to wear face coverings always unless a medical or religious reason prevents them from doing so or if they are young children. Persons will receive masks who come to court buildings without face coverings.
- Required temperature checks before persons can enter court buildings.
- Instituted a visitor health screening tool before entering court buildings.
- Placed hand sanitizers throughout the court buildings and placed disinfectant wipes and gloves on the witness stands and in other areas in the courtrooms.
- Installed plexiglass barriers at all public counters, as well as in several locations in those courtrooms that have in-person proceedings, including the witness stands and the tables for defendants and counsel.
- Rearranged seating in courtrooms and court offices to ensure appropriate social distancing and the number of people permitted in court spaces is limited.
- Placed signage regarding mask usage and social distancing in locations throughout court buildings.
- Improved the ventilation systems throughout the court buildings.
- Contracted with an environmental hygienist and an epidemiologist to ensure our facilities are as safe as possible.