Steps We Have Taken to Keep You Safe
HOW WE'RE KEEPING YOU SAFE
The safety and security of all who work for and at the DC Courts, and all court visitors, is our top priority. The below information describes what we're doing to keep our buildings and you as safe as possible. See the current status of our operations.
- Established enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all court buildings.
- Required everyone in the court buildings to wear face coverings always unless a medical or religious reason prevents them from doing so or if they are young children. Persons will receive masks who come to court buildings without face coverings.
- Placed hand sanitizers throughout the court buildings and placed disinfectant wipes and gloves on the witness stands and in other areas in the courtrooms.
- Installed plexiglass barriers at all public counters.
- Improved the ventilation systems throughout the court buildings.
- All air filters within our ventilation system were replaced with high performance MERV 13 rated filters, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Existing ionization and ultraviolet capabilities within our existing system were upgraded.
- Performed (and are continuing to perform) indoor air quality testing, sampled air output for all air handling units in each of our facilities, and installed carbon dioxide monitors in each occupied courtroom to better ensure the quality of airflow.
- Registers and vents through the entire court campus have been cleaned and sanitized.
- Procured and deployed portable HEPA filter units for use in specific contained areas.
- Contracted with an environmental hygienist and an epidemiologist to ensure our facilities are as safe as possible.