Seals of the Court of Appeals and Superior Court
District of Columbia Courts

Birth Certificate Amendment

Requests to amend a District of Columbia Birth Certificate should begin at the District of Columbia Department of Health Vital Records Division. You may file an Application to Amend a Birth Certificate in JIC only if you have a received a Vital Records Division Rejection Letter requiring an order of the court. The Application requires you state the specific information to be amended, and you must provide documentation to support your request. JIC handles Applications to Amend Birth Certificates for both adults and minors.

Title Download
Application to Amend Birth Certificate of an Adult Download

Click here for information on DC DOH Vital Records Division, including hours, address, and contact information.

Judge-in-Chambers Office

Moultrie Courthouse
500 Indiana Avenue, NW
Room 4103
Fourth floor

Get Directions
Hours of Operation

8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.


All government holidays

Office Number

(202) 879 - 1133