Payments to The DC Courts
Revised Check Policy as of July 1, 2021
If you must pay with a personal check, please see the requirements noted below:
- For all personal checks issued to the Superior Court, make checks payable to Clerk of the Court.
- For all personal checks issued to the Probate Division, make checks payable to Register of Wills.
- For all Court of Appeals matters, make checks payable to Clerk of DC Court of Appeals.
- Payments for more than $5,000 must be paid with a certified check, cash and/or money order. We do not accept personal checks for amounts more than $5,000.
- Checks drawn off Trust, Escrow, and Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTAs) over $1,000 are also accepted.
See the Online Payment Portal page.