The Family Court Self-Help Center is a free walk-in and call-in service that provides unrepresented people with general legal information in a variety of family law matters (such as divorce, custody, visitation, child support). The Center is located in room JM-570.
We can help...
- Provide you with information about DC family law matters
- Inform you of your legal rights and obligations
- Describe your legal options
- Help you determine which forms are most appropriate for you and how to complete them
- Explain how to navigate the court process, and what to expect in court
- Refer you to other helpful clinics and programs
Hours of Operation
Mondays-Fridays: 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. - No new intakes accepted after 4:30 p.m.