Pandemic Operations: In-Person Services Expand July 12, 2021
In-person services for the DC Courts will expand as of Monday, July 12, 2021. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, federal government, District government, the DC Department of Health, surrounding local jurisdictions’ Covid-19 metrics, local school systems’ operational statuses, and our Courts-contracted epidemiologist and industrial hygienist, the following will take place:
- All clerks’ offices and public counters for the Court of Appeals and Superior Court will open.
- Includes the Court of Appeals Public Office and Committee on Admissions and Unauthorized Practice of Law; and the Superior Court Criminal Division’s Clerk Office, Civil Division Clerks' Offices including Small Claims and Landlord & Tenant, Family Court including Marriage Bureau, Probate Division Clerk’s Office, Domestic Violence Division, Tax Division and the Crime Victims Compensation Program Office.
- The Child Care Center will also open.
- Safety measures such as mandatory face coverings, social distancing, and temperature checks upon entry will be enforced.
- In-person jury trials will continue to expand for both the Criminal and Civil divisions.
- Hearings remain remote or partially remote.
- The status of our operations will continue to be updated on dccourts.gov/coronavirus.