Pandemic Operations: In-Person and Online Services Are Available
Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, federal government, District government, the DC Department of Health, surrounding local jurisdictions’ Covid-19 metrics, local school systems’ operational statuses, and our Courts-contracted epidemiologist and industrial hygienist, the following will take place:
- All clerks’ offices and public counters for the Court of Appeals and Superior Court will open.
- Includes the Court of Appeals Public Office and Committee on Admissions and Unauthorized Practice of Law; and the Superior Court Criminal Division’s Clerk Office, Civil Division Clerks' Offices including Small Claims and Landlord & Tenant, Family Court including Marriage Bureau, Probate Division Clerk’s Office, Domestic Violence Division, Tax Division and the Crime Victims Compensation Program Office.
- The Child Care Center will also open.
- Safety measures such as mandatory face coverings, social distancing, and temperature checks upon entry will be enforced.
- In-person jury trials will continue to expand for both the Criminal and Civil divisions.
- Hearings remain remote or partially remote.
VIDEOS: HOW TO ACCESS COURT SERVICES DURING COVID-19
Accessing the Court of Appeals During Covid-19
How to Access the DC Superior Court's Online Services During Covid-19