Probate Mediation ProgramThe Probate Mediation Program handles cases on topics such as:
- Disputes over the estates
- Guardianships of minors
- Guardianships and conservatorships of incapacitated adults*
Probate Mediation Program 2
- *Guardians are responsible for the physical well-being of an incapacitated adult; conservators are responsible for ensuring the best use of their finances.
- Probate mediations usually take 2-4 hours, and are scheduled throughout the week. If an agreement is reached in mediation, the mediator will draft an agreement document and submit it to the judge for approval. If an agreement is not reached in mediation, the parties and their attorneys will proceed to court according to their scheduling order.
- It is required that all probate mediators be attorneys currently barred in any state.