Paternity and Child Support Branch
- The Paternity and Child Support Branch of the Family Court is the primary location for processing all cases seeking the establishment of paternity and or child support. The branch is also responsible for processing bench warrants (arrest) orders.
- Payments are accepted at the Family Finance Office, JM-300, for copies of marriage licenses and other Family Court fees. One-time child support payments are also accepted at the Family Finance Office with a judge’s order. All other child support payments must be mailed to:
Paternity and Child Support Branch (part 2)
- D.C. Child Support Clearinghouse
- P. O. Box 37715
- Washington, D.C. 20013
Paternity and Child Support Branch (part 3)
- The P&S Branch works collaboratively with the Child Support Services Division (CSSD) of the Office of Attorney General (OAG) to perform the legal functions associated with the District government’s child support program.
Paternity and Child Support Branch (part 4)The P&S Branch provides excellent customer service and assists customers with:
- Copies of paternity and child support orders
- Copies of payment history print-outs
- Review of court records
- Verification of court hearing dates
- Resolution of customer service inquiries
- Receipting of child support payments and other court fees
Paternity and Child Support Branch (part 5)For all P&S customer service inquiries, please call (202) 879-4856 or report to room JM 300.
To acquire an estimated figure in regards to the amount of the child support payments to be paid based on the current child support guidelines, please visit the Child Support Guideline Calculator.Note: the payment amount given is not final and can be subject to change.
Paternity and Child Support (Hours)
Hours of OperationMondays-Fridays: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
500 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room JM-300
Washington, D.C. 20001
Main ContactsGeneral Information: (202) 879-4856
Jo-Ella Brooks, Branch Chief