Landlord and Tenant Branch
- The Landlord and Tenant Branch handles all actions for the possession of real property.
Contact - Landlord and Tenant Branch
Hours of OperationMondays-Fridays: 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
Wednesdays: 6:30p.m.- 8:00p.m. (protective order payments only)
LocationCourt Building B
510 4th Street N.W., Room 110
Washington, D.C. 20001
Main ContactInformation: (202) 879-4879
Recording: (202) 879-1152
LaShaye White, Branch Chief
Phone: (202) 508-1619
Landlord Tenant Resource CenterThe Resource Center provides free legal information to both unrepresented landlords and unrepresented tenants who have residential housing disputes.
Law Students in CourtStudents from local law schools are available during the school year to provide advice to unrepresented tenants and assist them in filling out forms and pleadings. In some cases, a student supervised by a licensed attorney will represent a tenant throughout the case. Law Students in Court is generally in the Landlord and Tenant court beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Help self-represented persons understand court proceedings
- Assist self-represented persons prepare pleadings
- Provide information on how to obtain continuances and retain counsel
- Make referrals to legal service providers in appropriate cases
- Inform low-income litigants of financial and other social service resources that might be available and refer them to the appropriate resources