Filing a Hard Copy Tax Petition
- You will need to file the original and three copies of your petition. The Tax Office will use two copies of the petition to serve and notify the District’s Office of Attorney General (the attorneys representing the District) and the Office of Tax and Revenue Assessment Board that an appeal was filed. The third copy will be filed stamp with the date you filed your petition along with your assigned case number for you to maintain for your records
- Your petition must include your signature and your telephone number should the Court need to contact you.
- A filing fee of a $120.00 is required and must be paid in the Tax Office at the time that you file your petition.
- You may choose to make payment for your filings fees by cash or MasterCard or Visa credit cards.
- Provide your case number to court staff and the District’s Attorney when requested.
Filing a Hard Copy Tax Petition (2)
- The Tax Office is located in room 3131 of the Moultrie Courthouse at 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W.
- Parking is limited to street parking on parking meters or paid parking facilities, so we recommend using public transportation.
- The two Metro stations that are 1 block from the Courthouse are Judiciary Square (red line) and Archives/ Penn Quarters Metro station (green& yellow line).