Attend Tax Hearings
- If you are represented by an attorney then your attorney will notify you when it is necessary for you to attend the hearings.
- If you are representing your case yourself then it is required for to attend all hearing in your case, including all status hearings.
- Failure to attend any court hearing may result in the dismissal of your case.
- Before you attend a status hearing estimate the time you need to complete pre-trial matters (such as discovery findings and settlement negotiations).
- During your case, when your case is called at a status hearing, you are expected to inform the judge of the status of your case. Such as filed motions that need judge signature or of any discovery findings of your case.
- Include any settlement discussions you had with the District. Also, if you feel your case is ready to proceed to trial.