How do I post a money bond?
- In order to ensure that a defendant returns to Court, the judge may order that a cash or bond be posted.
- The bond amount is paid to the Court and, if the defendant fails to appear, he may lose the money that he paid as bond.
- Money bonds are posted in the Criminal Finance Office, which is located in Room 4203 (on the fourth floor, east wing) of the Moultrie Courthouse, 500 Indiana Avenue. Bonds may only be posted in the form of cash or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bond and Collateral Lists
How do I post a money bond? (part 2)
The Criminal Finance Office is in room 4203 of the Moultrie Courthouse.
The hours are:Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 pm
- Criminal Finance Office – Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(after Criminal Finance closes, i.e. 5:30 p.m. on weekdays, and on Saturdays and Federal holidays, go to C-10 to arrange to post a bond – bond payments are accepted up until C-10 adjourns for the day)