- Civil matters are those relating to people's interactions with one another. Civil cases are filed when one person sues another because he or she believes they have been harmed or are owed money.
- View Civil Cases using Court Cases Online
Notice of Proposed Amendments to the Civil Rules
New!Notice of Proposed Amendments to the Civil Rules. Written comments must be submitted by November 28, 2016. Comments may be emailed to Laura.Wait@dcsc.gov or mailed to the address listed in the Notice.
How do I...
- General Order, Judges' Supplements and General Mediation Orders
- The Landlord and Tenant Branch can assist those dealing with disputes with their landlord or tenant in the event there is a violation of lease agreement. Some examples of violations include the landlord failing to make repairs or tenants failing to pay rent...
- The Quality Review Branch handles scheduling of all civil cases. Call 879-1133 to find out when to report, where to report, and what to expect at each stage of the process...
- The Small Claims and Conciliation Branch handles processing cases where the amount being requested is $5,000 or less...
- The Civil Actions Branch handles all civil cases requesting damages above $5,000. In addition, they process cases requesting equitable relief...