How do I file a case regarding my lease agreement?
- The Landlord and Tenant Branch handles all actions for the possession of real property. The Housing Conditions Calendar handles requests from a tenant that the court enter an order requiring the landlord to repair the tenant’s rental unit.
- The Resource Center provides free legal information to both unrepresented landlords and unrepresented tenants who have residential housing disputes.
LTRC Volunteer Attorneys can...
- Help self-represented persons understand court proceedings
- Assist self-represented persons prepare pleadings
- Provide information on how to obtain continuances and retain counsel
- Make referrals to legal service providers in appropriate cases
- Inform low-income litigants of financial and other social service resources that might be available and refer them to the appropriate resources