What To Do When I File:
- An Affidavit of Service – a separate affidavit of service must be filed with the Clerk as to each defendant / summons that was issued.
- Pleading(s) in Consolidated Cases – Be sure that filings are prepared / submitted pursuant to the Judge’s Order. In most instances, the caption / case number of all the consolidated cases should appear on the first page of the filing. In all instances, the “lead case” should be listed first. DO NOT RE-ARRANGE THE CAPTION OR CASE NUMBERS OF THE CONSOLIDATED CASES.
- A Motion – verify that the title of the motion, the certificate of service and Order all MATCH.
- A Stipulation or Consent Order seeking the court’s approval, require a $20 fee
- Always verify that the date of the certificate of service is current / accurate (especially at the beginning of the year) and always verify that the caption and case number are correct.
- Submitting an Order to the Court based upon an evidentiary hearing, status or trial, EMAIL the Order directly to the Judge and DO NOT SUBMIT TO THE CLERK. Upon approval, the Order will be submitted to the Clerk’s via the Judge’s chamber.
Judges and their e-service addresses