Prospective Family Mediators
- Family mediation is a free, confidential, and voluntary process.
Common issues brought to Family Mediation:
- child support
- distribution of property
- distribution of debts
Our program focus:
- improving communication between parties
- addressing the best interests of the children
- empowering parties to develop their own agreement or parenting plan
Scheduling Your Mediation:
- Mediators assist the parties in reaching mutually acceptable agreements, which may or may not be incorporated into a court order. In addition, family issues can be mediated prior to filing a formal complaint in court. Many of the parties involved in family mediation are able to reach consensus on issues involving child custody and/or property distribution.
Family cases are mediated
- Monday thru Friday from 9 am – 4 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 6:00 pm
- Saturday at 10:00 am and 12:00 pm
Depending on the needs of parties
- Depending on the needs of the parties, mediators may work alone or with a co-mediator. Cases may have up to 5 sessions with each session lasting approximately two hours. Mediators are expected to arrive early to prepare for the mediation session.